We are seeking a DevOps Manager to join Development Team, to be responsible for ensuring the integrity, reliability and maintenance of our software products from conception to release.
The ideal candidate would be highly pro-active. This position is responsible for the operational activities and software deployment orchestration related to the internal infrastructure of rapidly expanding business.
- Effectively provision, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of version control systems and continuous integration tools. Knows their way with Git, WebHooks, Jenkins, and Continuous Integration universe.
- Maintain, update, monitor, and scale our infrastructure. Experience with AWS is a must, certification preferred.
- Working with application teams to build, maintain, and document the Development, Testing, Staging, and Production environments.
- Evangelist on DevOps best practices to continue improving software delivery and release processes
- Analysis of functionality and interoperability between virtualized resources.
- Diagnosing and solving problems with the underlying environment.
- Writing and deploying automation scripts to maintain and analyze services across multiple environments.
- Work alongside the Dev and QA team to detect hot spots in our applications and set preventative measure before it becomes a live issue.
- Manage application and database backups
- Troubleshooting and provide solutions for system configurations
- Plan, execute and test disaster recovery plans and procedures
- Database replication, monitoring and maintenance
- Monitor and examine all application, performance, event, and system logs to assist in troubleshooting
- Responsible for filing all IT/Colocation tickets ensuring fulfilment of requests, escalating to the right person if necessary.
- Aid in planning our AWS system expansion.
- Advocate DevOps best practices and mentor engineers across the company
- Testing and evaluating new technologies.
- Document procedures.
- At least 10+ years of experience as a DevOps or related positions with strong knowledge and experience in cloud AWS and most of its services: EC2, S3, VPC, etc.
- Working knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases.
- Advanced Linux systems background, shell scripting and performance tuning of Debian based systems, Ubuntu preferred.
- Deep knowledge on Internet Protocols such as SSL, HTTPS, TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience in networking and routing concepts, network security, firewalls and virtualization such as Docker and other container technologies.
- Deployment and maintenance of Java web applications.
- Knowledge of Wordpress, exposure to other web technologies helpful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Monitoring knowledge of open source and third party tools like Pingdom
- Advanced English level (written and oral)
English level: Upper intermediate or higher level.
Time shift: Full Time
Location: San Nicolas - CABA