The Windows Engineering packager is a position within Cloud Services that was created to help the infrastructure teams to develop and integrate new solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage technical challenges on multiple project/program simultaneously
- Excellent understanding of compute, network, storage and virtualization concepts.
- Experience working/managing public cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, Rackspace, etc.).
- Experience using IDE and Source Code management platforms and tools (Visual Studio, Azure DevOps/VSTS and TFS).
- Experience managing Microsoft Windows Server Operating systems (may be compensated by a solid background on desktop packaging and software distribution).
- Scripting and automation with PowerShell, PowerShell DSC and VBS (exclusionary).
- Microsoft System Center Suite expertise (SCCM is a must, SCOrch and SCOM desirable)
- Experience working in Agile or DevOps projects and familiarity with planning tools such as Azure DevOps/VSTS/TFS.
- Ability to write technical documentation and procedures (exclusionary).
- Good knowledge of server hardware, preferably Dell PowerEdge (desirable).
- Knowledge of systems performance analysis and security tuning.
- Strong working knowledge in ITIL Framework.
- A degree in Computer Science/Management or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- PowerShell, Bash, Python or any other scripting language / 3 years (must)
- VB.NET, ASP.NET, C#, C++ / 2+ years (desirable)
- MS SQL / 1 year (preferred)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 / 5 yrs (or equivalent Windows Desktop Engineering experience).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 / 2 yrs. (is a plus)
- Orchestration tools (desired)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2+ years (must)
- Experience with either SCCM OSD or Windows Deployment Services 2+ years (desired)
- Orchestration tools like SCOrch, Azure Runbooks, Ansible (desired)
- Microsoft MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCITP
- ITIL Foundations v3 (preferred)
- SCRUM or any other agile qualification
- Experience with systems and IT operations with Intermediate knowledge of infrastructures
- Develop and deliver infrastructure systems on project basis.
- Strong Scripting, automation and orchestration skills (Development background would be valuable, especially in .Net)
- Familiar with CI/CD or with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- A strong focus on business outcomes.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining projects during the transition to production where necessary.
- Identifies potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan.
- Creation of engineering documentation, architectural reference and procedures (technical documentation).
- Server provisioning engineering.
- Tool development / selection.
- Consulting and providing technical advice for major projects.
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Minimizes technical exposure and risk on projects.
- Proactively identifies and addresses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Proactively anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
- Makes key decisions based upon input from Managers and Leaders; solid understanding of IT Services principles; firm and business objectives and needs analysis
- Applies judgment in implementing methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability
English level: Upper intermediate or higher level.
Time shift: Full Time