The Cloud Portfolio Engineer is a position within Cloud Services that was created to help the infrastructure teams to develop and integrate new solutions.
- Scripting (2-3 years) – having knowledge and experience with Microsoft PowerShell (required) and Linux shell scripting (preferred). Being able to understand and use best practices of completing tasks and finding solutions using existing or building new scripts to help automate today’s manual infrastructure and application tasks.
- Public Cloud (1-3 years) – Have a good understanding of how to implement, leverage and maintain public cloud services on the Azure (required) and AWS (preferred) platforms.
- Web Services, API, REST (1-2 years) – Understanding and having experience with leveraging web services (SOAP), different API endpoints including the usage of REST based APIs to be able to be able to build loosely coupled architectures and solutions that are quick to implement and are easy to monitor.
- Networking (1-3 years) - Have a solid understanding of cloud platform networking capabilities, including load balancers, web application firewalls, network access control lists (NACLs), security groups, routing, tracing, DNS resolution are key to building efficient and stable solutions that prevent business downtime and provide high availability capabilities.
- Operational Support awareness (2-3 years) – A good understanding of what it takes to support the deployed applications and solutions is key to providing great service to the end users. The candidate has to be able to put themselves into a position of understanding of their consumer pain points to be able to figure out creative ways not only to find quick workarounds but also analyze the root cause of the problem and come up with ideas of resolving them in the long term.
- Automation and Orchestration – Having knowledge and experience of using cloud-based APIs using REST or SOAP interfaces and/or ARM templates. Being able to look at a current process and identify ways to make it repeatable and re-runnable to facilitate in error remediation. Having an understanding of how to take an existing manual set of activities and put together an automated process using available tooling such as Windows Workflow Foundation or related technologies that could include HP Operations Orchestration, Cisco Process Orchestrator, and/or similar solutions.
- Configuration Management – Having good knowledge of managing system configuration and configuration drift as well as tooling that facilitates the process such as Puppet, CHEF, DSC, Ansible, SaltStack. Being able to build solutions leveraging these tools to perform infrastructure and application deployment activities to provide a consistent and repeatable process as well as support reporting and auditing needs of an enterprise.
- Identity and access management
- Container technologies – Understanding of the features and capabilities of what a containerization technology can provide is key to being able to build a successful and good quality rapid deployment and support environment. The candidate should be familiar with key concepts and usage patterns of containerization technologies such as Docker and Windows Containers and their respective management platforms which could be tools such as Kubernetes, Terraform, Rancher, or other similar tools.
- The role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in relation to cloud technologies (Azure & AWS), engineering of new solutions that enhance our existing offerings and building of new automation around IaaS, PaaS, and other services in support of our internal clients.
- The position is a hands-on technical role, assisting in the engineering and integration of existing and leading edge technologies, collaborating across the organization with multiple internal and sometimes external teams.
- The candidate would be expected to provide Level 3 (engineering support) and Level 4 (engineering development) type of activities that ensure continuity of the produced solutions that enable our internal clients.
- Taking ownership of assigned issues/enhancements/features and helping to define a plan and related coordination activities to provide an end to end solution either for our service enablement or in helping internal clients to consume and deploy within our public cloud offerings.
- Providing 3rd/4th level support for all solutions produced by the team.
- Applies judgment in implementing methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
English level: Upper intermediate or higher level.
Time shift: Full Time