We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer to join the team of our client.
We are looking for a team builder who is technically deep enough to wade into code with our engineers and technically broad enough to provide leadership to direct reports to the CEO of the organization. The candidate will design the transition strategy to go from a technical MVP to a mature product. The CTO will lead the charge in building a technical foundation from which the organization will grow and scale.
- 10 years of experience leading engineering or product teams.
- Strong Engineering background with previous hands-on development and deployment in open source technologies.
- Extensive experience building large-scale technology and applications that are reliable, scalable, using industry best practices including Docker or Container solutions.
- Comfortable with a variety of languages and architectures including AWS Serverless, Nodejs/Express, React with MongoDB and Postgres databases.
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing and implementing a comprehensive technology strategy that is aligned with and supports the current and future business goals of the company
- Strong executive presence, with the ability to communicate and influence your team, peers, and other parts of the organization
- Must be a results-oriented leader who has demonstrated effective decision making and change management skills.
- Ability to represent the client at conferences and events
- Good sense of humor, ability to adapt to change, no job too small attitude
- Establish technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s technological development
- Uncover and strategically execute upon untapped opportunities in the development of the global network we’ve created and data that supports it
- Build a reliable, scalable and highly performant technology stack using industry best practices
- Migrate an MVP to a fully productive environment, moving PHP to a new 2019 technology (NodeJS/Python/Scala/....)
- Set the new standards of streaming on a mobile only iOS/Android App.
- Ensure our architecture is flexible and scalable to allow for growth, but are capable of making trade-offs between speed and perfection
- Implement Continuous Integration / Delivery model.
- Understand a fully cloud model, based on Amazon Web Services, and serverless, with strong HA features.
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as investments, marketing, product and operations as an advisor of technologies to improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Embrace new technologies and approaches to ensure the highest quality in the expansion of our products and platforms
- Define the technology Roadmap, and product Backlog from tech perspective.
- Assist the CEO/CFO in order set priorities & weights of each mobile strategy.
- Determine when to buy, build and integrate technologies
Location: Barrio Norte / Recoleta
Time shift: Full time
English Level: Upper intermediate / Advanced