XimpleHR is seeking a Data Engineer to design and build tools & processes that assist advanced analytics and visualization to turn complex data into compelling stories. Candidate will build custom data-driven applications for decision support, data exploration, and analytics enablement. Will provide support to analysts, providing automation, and incorporating their methodologies into applications for scaling across the organization. With responsibilities across multiple clients, this candidate will gain exposure to a variety of strategic business problems and the opportunity to contribute to team’s set of innovative methods to solve them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years building relational databases, ETL packages with in-depth understanding of theories, principles, and practices.
- Must have experience designing, implementing, and managing ETL packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Excellent understanding of SQL database engine, query tuning, database objects and structures
- Production support of automated jobs/packages and related database servers.
- Migrate/Import data from various sources into a uniform SQL Server database scheme
- Optimize database scripts, data storage, and packages to improve application performance.
- Must have experience working with APIs and Web Services
- Experience coding in Python for integrating with APIs and custom transformation is required
- Experience designing data schemas and analytic infrastructure, and integrating relational and no-sql databases into Web-based solutions
- Implement custom packages written in C# .NET and/or Python to ingest, process and store data.
- Experience with Informatica tech-stack like BDM, IDQ, Powercenter, Data Exchange a plus
- Best practices on managing enterprise data assets.
- Working knowledge of “big data” architectures and solutions using Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Impala
a big plus
- Applied experience with marketing data and digital media is highly desirable
- Ability to analyze user requirements into technical solutions according to specifications.
- Participate in systems analysis and design.
- Participate in data modelling and database design processes.
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Play key role in testing and deployment
- Self-reliant, demonstrated desire to take ownership of projects
- Highly effective communicator, both spoken and written
Location: Puerto Madero
English level: Upper intermediate or Advanced
Time shift: Full time