DevOps / Cloud Engineer
Startup mobile incubator
Are you an engineer who’s a cloud native with the courage to take on a greenfield project where anything is possible? Do you like designing and implementing scalable cloud platforms?
Our client is building a completely greenfield new architecture in the Google Cloud and there's the chance to design and decide everything from the infrastructure architecture to the monitoring, alerting and self-healing strategies.
It's a high-performance, high-availability scenario so our emphasis is on quality rather than speed.
It's a great place for someone to be able to stretch themselves to design that system they've always wanted to and have full ownership.
We’re looking for someone who’s a self-starter, has their own opinions on architectural alternatives and can work as part of a team to explore the possibilities.
This is a hands-on role working closely with the Cloud Architect as part of a wider technology team that is rapidly delivering new functionality.
- The cloud environment is primarily Google Cloud Platform based. You will need to be an experienced Cloud Engineer or Senior DevOps Engineer with strong functional competencies in infrastructure architecture, security and performance optimisation.
- Strong working knowledge of GCP or AWS is essential. You don’t need to necessarily know GCP already. We are assuming that if you are a smart cloud engineer then you can translate and remap your experiences with AWS onto GCP.
- This is a green field project and we are looking for an infrastructure engineer with experience in large-scale, high-volume, high-availability systems who can play a key role in defining the stack, processes and architecture. There’s a lot to design and decide.
- We’re actively looking for a cloud engineer who will work closely with the developers to educate, lead and demonstrate better ways of working. We believe that Infrastructure can and should be a vital source of innovation within a high-functioning technology team.
- Design and deliver cloud infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform
- Specify (code) environments using Infrastructure as Code techniques
- Optimise cloud assets to provide cost effective, scalable, modern and secure infrastructure
- Work closely with the dev teams (backend, frontend, mobile) to optimize their environments and processes
- Establishing a robust and highly-performant CICD pipeline
- Implement complex functional monitoring as well as technical / systems monitoring
- Automating as much as possible of the day-to-day operations and deployments
- Continuous improvement of the capacity, availability, performance and security of our cloud environments
- Introduce ideas and methods to increase observability throughout the platforms
- SQL and NOSQL database management and optimization
- Providing documentation for transparency and auditing
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and produce long-term fixes
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule
- Minimise the necessity for anyone to be on-call or called
English level: Upper intermediate.
Time shift: Full time