Head of Cloud
Startup mobile incubator
Our client is building a completely greenfield new architecture in the Google Cloud and there's the chance to design and decide everything from the infrastructure architecture to the monitoring, alerting and self-healing strategies.
It's a high-performance, high-availability scenario so our emphasis is on quality rather than speed.
It's a great place for someone to be able to stretch themselves to design that system they've always wanted to and have full ownership.
We’re looking for someone who’s a self-starter, has their own opinions on architectural alternatives and can work as part of a team to explore the possibilities.
- Design and deliver cloud infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform
- Specify (code) environments using Infrastructure as Code techniques
- Optimise cloud assets to provide cost effective, scalable, modern and secure infrastructure
- Work closely with the dev teams (backend, frontend, mobile) to optimize their environments and processes
- Establishing a robust and highly-performant CICD pipeline
- Implement complex functional monitoring as well as technical / systems monitoring
- Automating as much as possible of the day-to-day operations and deployments
- Continuous improvement of the capacity, availability, performance and security of our cloud environments
- Introduce ideas and methods to increase observability throughout the platforms
- SQL and NOSQL database management and optimization
- The cloud environment is primarily Google Cloud Platform based. You will need to have background as a Cloud Engineer or Senior DevOps Engineer with strong functional competencies in infrastructure architecture, security and performance optimisation, leading a team or area.
- Strong working knowledge of GCP or AWS is essential. You don’t need to necessarily know GCP already. We are assuming that if you are a smart cloud engineer then you can translate and remap your experiences with AWS onto GCP.
- This is a green field project and we are looking for an infrastructure engineer with experience in large-scale, high-volume, high-availability systems who can play a key role in defining the stack, processes and architecture. There’s a lot to design and decide.
- On a personal level, They're an enthusiastic and sociable team who are striving to deliver real excellence. We’re looking for great communication skills as well as awesome technical skills.
- We’re actively looking for a cloud engineer who will work closely with the developers to educate, lead and demonstrate better ways of working. We believe that Infrastructure can and should be a vital source of innovation within a high-functioning technology team.
- If you’re an engineer who likes to get down in the details and bring your own creativity to solving hard problems in elegant, performant and secure ways, come join our team and make an impact.
English level: Upper intermediate.
Time shift: Full time