We are hiring a Sr Systems Administrator to join team our client.
Reporting directly to the CTO and managing the overall system infrastructure.
This is a senior administrator and architecture role responsible for the overall technical management, operations, ongoing maintenance and support of our large scale production platform.
- Daily monitoring and maintenance (including periodic upgrades, backups, preventative maintenance, etc) of various staging and production environments, ensuring uptime and stability.
- Troubleshooting systems performance issues, formulating a repair-strategy and implementation thereof.
- Continued review of security architecture and ensuring exploitable vulnerabilities are mitigated.
- Designing and architecting system and platform changes, according to business requirements, including systematic role-out plan/strategy for deploying those changes to live environments.
- Configuring, testing, deploying and maintaining various:
- physical and virtual servers network equipment cloud tenancies databases third-party software platforms
- Integrating/interfacing hosted on-prem systems with third-party cloud-based platforms.
- Collaborate with multiple teams on various projects and deployments
- Basic user helpdesk support (setting up accounts, VPN configs, etc)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior infrastructure engineer / systems architecture role for technology-oriented organization required.
- Hands-on experience working with Linux (incl all of the below on Linux).
- Strong understanding of Ubuntu Server edition and Centos/RHEL required.
- Strong understanding of Linux mail systems, SMTP, large scale email platforms, DKIM, SPF and the holistic process behind email delivery/transfer.
- Extensive experience working on AWS and GCP.
- Exceptional problem determination and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Strong documentation and organizational practices.
- Extensive experience with many of these:
- Mac OSX / Linux (Both hardware and Operating Systems)
- MySQL, deployment, clustering, replication, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Network architecture, deployment and troubleshooting
- L2 switching, VLAN’s, DNS, DHCP, etc
- basic static routing principles
- stateful firewalling (NAT, Zonal FW policies, etc)
- load balancing and ssl-offloading
- remote access and VPN concepts
- proxying (especially Squid, HAProxy)
- Network, physical and virtual host system security (local FW policies, IDS systems, mac-filtering, DMZ’s, etc)
- Monitoring platforms and SNMP (Nagios, Icinga, OpenNMS, etc)
- Cloud based security platforms (Cloudflare, etc)
- Cloud-computing technologies (OpenStack, oVirt, RHEV or similar)
- Backup technologies
- Deployment automation systems (Ansible, Puppet or equivalent)
- Expertise with multiple Web technologies including but not limited to: HTTP, SSL, DNS and SMTP protocols.
Location: Puerto Madero
Time shift: Full time
English level: Upper intermediate