Lead QA Automation Engineer
software testing company
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with Automation
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Selenium
- Heavy and Custom Scripting
- Remote Execution
- Minimum 3 years working Python
- Deep understanding of coding and software development
- Capable of creating unique solutions to tough problems
- Understanding of application architectures
- 5 years direct experience as a test engineer for major applications
- Previous experience leading mid and junior automation engineers
- Working knowledge of Python (must be able to pass technical test).
- Working knowledge in QA analysis, requirements gathering, and reporting
- Experience with Jenkins is required. Especially pipelines and groovy programming. Be comfortable working remotely and communicating with a team in a different geographic location
- Ability to assume the lead role for multiple automation projects that are running concurrently. This includes assigning tasks to other automation engineers, tracking progress, meeting deadlines, client communication and code reviews.
- Remote position so an employee must provide his or her own laptop with suitable Internet connection to support working from home.
- Working directly with client and managing the QA projects
- QA Test Planning
- Assigning tasks to automation engineers
- Code reviews
- Code repository management
- Developing and maintaining automation test scripts
- Executing automation tests, analyzing and reporting defects.
- Conducting manual testing when required for the project
- Test Case documentation
- Defect Reporting
- Debug and communicate QA issues back to development team
- Creating custom QA reports for projects, which include analysis of coverage, defects, general status of testing.
- Working with QA engineering peers
- Attending all required client meeting
- Working hours are generally 9AM – 6PM ET
English Level: Upper intermediate or Advanced (Mandatory)