Performance Engineer Lead
software testing company
This position is ideal for software developers in test looking to grow his or her technical and client relationship skills or senior performance engineers looking to step into a leadership role. This role will be lead for 1 or many projects with lead responsibility over a team.
They have an existing performance team and are looking to add qualified candidates to their growing team.
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with Performance Engineering with at least 2 years as the lead
- Minimum 8 years of experience with JMeter or another Load Testing solution
- Heavy and Custom Scripting
- Remote Execution
- Minimum 3 years working Python, Java, C# or equivalent development language
- Deep understanding of coding and software development
- Understanding of application architectures
- Production monitoring experience with tools such as Introscope, Splunk, New Relic or DataDog
- Experience with Amazon or Azure cloud services and Docker containers a big plus
- Must have experience with requirements gathering, script creation, test execution, results analysis and root cause isolation
- Working knowledge of JMeter (must be able to pass technical test). Other performance testing platforms such as NeoLoad, LoadRunner or CloudTest may be considered.
- Experience with Performance analysis, requirements gathering, and reporting including defining KPIs, workload models, non-functional requirements and Root Cause Analysis
- Experience with Jenkins and CI/CD
- Be comfortable working remotely and communicating with a team in a different geographic location
- Remote position so employee must provide his or her own laptop with suitable Internet connection to support working from home.
- Be comfortable being the lead on a project. This includes project management and resource planning activities.
- Be able to be the lead for 1 or more projects for different clients.
- Work closely with development and business stakeholders to develop a comprehensive performance practice
- Performance Test Planning and estimating
- Delegate and track tasks of performance engineers
- Review work of performance engineers for whom you are the lead
- Report to senior management on project status
- Developing and maintaining performance test scripts
- Executing Performance tests, analyzing performance issues, root cause analysis and reporting.
- Performance Test Case documentation
- Defect Reporting
- Debug and communicate QA issues back to development team
- Working with QA engineering peers and reporting to QA management
- Attending all required client meeting
- Working hours are generally 9AM – 6PM ET
English level: Upper intermediate/Advanced
Time shift: Full time