This position is ideal for software developers in test looking to grow his or her technical and client relationship skills or senior performance engineers looking to step into a leadership role. This role will be lead for 1 or many projects with lead responsibility over a team.
They have an existing performance team and are looking to add qualified candidates to their growing team.
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with Performance Engineering with at least 2 years as the lead
- Minimum 8 years of experience with JMeter or another Load Testing solution
- Heavy and Custom Scripting
- Remote Execution
- Minimum 3 years working Python, Java, C# or equivalent development language
- Deep understanding of coding and software development
- Understanding of application architectures
- Production monitoring experience with tools such as Introscope, Splunk, New Relic or DataDog
- Experience with Amazon or Azure cloud services and Docker containers a big plus
- Must have experience with requirements gathering, script creation, test execution, results analysis and root cause isolation
- Working knowledge of JMeter (must be able to pass technical test). Other performance testing platforms such as NeoLoad, LoadRunner or CloudTest may be considered.
- Experience with Performance analysis, requirements gathering, and reporting including defining KPIs, workload models, non-functional requirements and Root Cause Analysis
- Experience with Jenkins and CI/CD
- Be comfortable working remotely and communicating with a team in a different geographic location
- Remote position so employee must provide his or her own laptop with suitable Internet connection to support working from home.
- Be comfortable being the lead on a project. This includes project management and resource planning activities.
- Be able to be the lead for 1 or more projects for different clients.
- Work closely with development and business stakeholders to develop a comprehensive performance practice
- Performance Test Planning and estimating
- Delegate and track tasks of performance engineers
- Review work of performance engineers for whom you are the lead
- Report to senior management on project status
- Developing and maintaining performance test scripts
- Executing Performance tests, analyzing performance issues, root cause analysis and reporting.
- Performance Test Case documentation
- Defect Reporting
- Debug and communicate QA issues back to development team
- Working with QA engineering peers and reporting to QA management
- Attending all required client meeting
- Working hours are generally 9AM – 6PM ET
English level: Upper intermediate/Advanced
Time shift: Full time