Our client is is a US software testing company that provides services to many industries, including financial services, insurance, banking, software development, and others. We have a need for a QA Engineer Lead who has experience with leading QA teams, establishing and driving QA process.
This position is ideal for engineers looking to grow his or her technical and client relationship and leadership skills. It is a perfect role for someone who wants to grow into a management or director position. We have an existing team and are looking to add qualified candidates to our growing team.
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Lead remote team of manual and automation engineers
- 5+years of experience as an QA engineer.
- Minimum 2 years as a lead QA engineer
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Selenium
- Understanding of application architectures
- 5 years direct experience as a test engineer for major applications
- Extensive knowledge in QA analysis, requirements gathering, and reporting
- Understanding of testing automation, scripting, regression testing and commonly used tools
- Understanding of software release process, particularly Agile methodologies
- Ability to make recommendations and implement ideas to lead the team
- Be comfortable working remotely and communicating with a team in a different geographic location
- Desire to quickly understand multiple client applications and develop training programs for new hires
- Can drive QA process improvements - defect tracking, QA Metrics, regression suites, trend analysis
- Comfortable with the constant change that is found with consulting companies servicing many clients simultaneously
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated customer and quality focus
- Knowledge of relational databases and ability to create and run SQL queries
- Knowledge of Python highly desirable
- Remote position so an employee must provide his or her own laptop with suitable Internet connection to support working from home.
- QA Test Planning
- Training team members on multiple applications and processes
- Can backfill for multiple teams as needed
- Clearly communication project status and needs both internally and externally
- Involved in the interview and hiring process for team members
- Creating, updating and maintaining TPC’s internal reporting tools and services
- Create test plans and test cases and ensuring documentation meets established standards.
- Reviewing automation strategy and coverage for project teams
- Managing automation issues that are communicated back to automation team
- Test Case documentation
- Defect Reporting
- Debug and communicate QA issues back to development team
- Creating custom QA reports for projects, which include analysis of test coverage, defects, general status of testing.
- Attending all required client meeting
English level: Upper intermediate
Time Shifts: 9am – 6pm ET